Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hi! I've been busy


I know. I know. I never call.

ahem

Well, I've been super busy. What am I so busy doing? Dyeing. I just did a small Fraternal Twins Roving update on etsy. But most of my time has been spent dyeing yarn for Sock Summit. I've got 10 skeins done and going to do 3 skeins tonight. I wanted to get more finished in time to ship to Pam. But, If something could go wrong it did. First my yarn meter stopped working. It was skipping yards (feet actually) of yarn which meant that my skein was 600ish yards, instead of 420. I had to drive to Orlando to pick up another (bought 2, just in case). So, I then tried to re-wind this one and because the tension was different pulling it off the swift I had a light skein. Oh, it first started with the new skein winder, which I LOVE, but the arms were too long which cause the skein to be too big for a yarn swift. This could be re-skeined, but, my swift is not big enough. Both these disasters have been corrected and things are back to normal, but I'm about 2 days behind.


Oh, and the fun doesn't stop after these skeins are dyed. I then will be scrambling to dye up the rest of the yarn for an etsy update before the feature yarn ad on Ravelry.


With all this going on, I will admit that all this crazy makes me happy. I've been super pleased with the Fraternal Twins Roving and these new skeins of yarn dyed in semi-solids. I can't stop looking at them. I love yarn.
.

2 comments:

Pengiknits said...

Looks great I especially love the really bright one on the bottom right. :-)

Julie Lynn Paper co. said...

Thanks!