Friday, January 23, 2009

new dye tools...

...super cheap. Picked up some bendy straws and snap top water bottles today. Going to use the bendy straws for scooping up dye. The water bottles are for squirting and mixing dyes.
Okay, on the business side of things. I'm super excited. I have a wholesale account with Wool2Dye4, which means that I plan to make some big orders soon. Yipppeee! My hope is that I can get enough yarn on the first order to keep me busy for at least 6 months. 'Course, it would be nice if things sold quick enough, then that would be great too. I currently planning names for different fiber lines, and dye techniques. I like to keep things simple for myself and my business. I plan to use 3 different dye techniques and 4 different fiber bases. Now there will be times when I want to try out new fibers and those will be special occasions and special updates. I also throwing about the idea of forgoing the naming of individual yarns. I'm considering starting a number system. It's becoming harder to come up with names for yarns especially with never repeating colorways. There may come a point when I will attempt to repeat colorways, but for now my enjoyment of using a dash of this and a pinch of that is just to my fun. I'm still thinking it over and haven't made up my mind. Any thoughts?

No comments: