Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm Hooked

The spinning bug has bitten. Spinning is so freakin' fun. This weekend I dyed up 2lbs of roving. 1lb of superwash merino and 1lb of merino/tencel blend. Let me tell you the merino/tencel is so soft and purdy. I really want to keep them all but I dyed them for the etsy store. But I did kept the one above and one other that I made for me. Oh, check it out...Paul made the spindle in the above pic. Isn't that just the coolest.

I thought I would share some of the resources that helped me learn to spin and pre-draft and stuff related to spindle spinning.

YouTube videos: Drafting Wool for Spinning, Spinning Yarn on a Drop Spindle, and Finishing Yarn and Wrapping a skein all by Megan LaCore. Also, Drop Spindle basics by Kelley Petkun (the Knit Picks lady). And, Plying with a Spindle which uses the Andean Bracelet method.

So there you have it.

No comments: