Saturday, August 16, 2008

WARNING: Questioning Weight issues. Proceed with caution.

Can you be a Goddess sized women and be glamorous or sexy? I would like to think so. I've been struggling with this question for a long time. It's very hard to be a plus sized women and feel sexy. Is it just about self confidence? Is there a point that weight becomes automatically beyond sexy even with self confidence to back it up? If you are so overweight that you can't hardly move out of bed, how can even self confidence make you sexy at that point? So what would be the magic weight? At 5'9" and 230 would I have crossed over this magic line in the cookies? What...I mean sand. If the average sized women in America is a size 14, then does being a size 18/20 mean I'm just a little over the line? Should I call myself "Goddess Size"? If I started using that phrase would I really feel better about myself? I don't wear a lot of make-up and I don't do much with my hair. If I started doing these things more would that make my confidence go up? Or, would it just give me a false sense of confidence to only be shatter every night when the mask came off? What makes me question these things? Well...I work in a office of mostly women. All sizes of women. Seems though that so many women I know are getting gastric bypass to loose weight and "feel better about themselves". I personally could not put myself through this. But why do we as women feel this is needed? Health? Self Image? I can understand if it's a matter of health issues. But, is this the way to go about making yourself healthier? I'm not judging these women. By no means am I making a judgement call on the decision to have a surgery like this. To each her own. But for me...would this ever become something that might be necessary? I feel sometimes that the lack of confidence in women today is just so sad. I'm totally there with them though. My self confidence is a constant struggle. What is needed to correct these thoughts? Hypnosis? Constant pep talks? Societal changes? Make-up?
Well that went all over the place. Whatever...I'm done.

No comments: