Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dye Stock

These bottles are now full of dye stock. I found these at the local Dollar store which was awesome 'cause I got them for $1 each. I am going to go back and get some more since I ordered a few more dyes last night. So if Crown Mountains history is any indication, I will have them tomorrow.

I test dyed some undyed yarn I had. Which I would like to say in previous dye projects I have used this yarn as ties for the sock yarn I have dyed and it didn't typically dye completely. Actually came out looking heathered. Well...I don't know if it is the dye or what...But, WOW! It is drying right now so I will have pics later. The colors are so saturated. I am very excited. I dyed each sample skein with 100%, 50%, and 25% dye. This way I can have a good idea of the color range. OH, and BTW, the black dye...I was not expecting to get black black. I was expecting dark grey or a very dark purple. But Damn! It is black! And even the 25% is still very dark, kinda charcoal.

No comments: