Tuesday, May 22, 2007

tagged!

I have tagged for 7 random facts meme by Shannon. So her is how it works...
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

Here it goes, which is easier said than done.

1. My eyes close when I laugh or smile really big. I can still see, but people tell me that they can't see my eyes. I am told this is cute. I personally don't like it 'cause I don't think pics turn out looking anything but cute, and sometimes you don't want to look "cute" all the time.

2. I suck at math. My mom is a CPA, my grandmother was a math teacher, and my dad just has an innate ability to geometry and stuff. I think in early childhood my parents recognized that I was not going to be as book smart as they are and therefore did not downgrade me for this. They did of course encourage me and were always supportive, but not pushy to be just like them.

3. My mom taught me to sew when I was 6 or 7. I was sewing up Barbie clothes and anything else I could. I have always done artsy fartsy/crafty watsy stuff. My hobbies have been...sewing, which I still do; pottery, jewelry, polymer clay, stamping, and of course knitting. Knitting has been the only hobby that has really stuck. I still do some of the other hobbies here and there but they usually revolve around knitting projects, such as sewing up a linning for a felted bag.

4. I have dreams of selling my dyed yarn. I have played around with dying yarn with good results so far. I have been dyeing with kool-aid and wilton icing dye with pleasing results, but I think it is time I moved to big girl dyes. My next big purchase will probably be a large amount of sport weight blank yarn and cushing or one-shot dyes. I don't aspire to be some big deal dyer, just would like to get some work out there. I like the dying process, but there is only so much yarn I can keep around the house before the animals and husband stage revolt.

5. I have watched the behind the scene footage from Lord of the Rings more times than I have watched the actual movie. I like to multitask. I knit, surf blogs, watch behind the scenes of Lord of the Rings, and listen to podcast.

6. I wish I like tomatoes. I think they are so pretty on food and in food. They small so good, but YUK. I have tried many different ways to eat them, but no, not going to happen. I guess that is kinda weird to want to eat a food that you can't stand the taste of.

7. I have only been to 3 concerts in my 33 years. I saw the Cranberries when I was younger, and I have seen Yani twice. BUT, I am going to see TOOL on May 31st. Wow, what a culture shock, I am sure. I am really looking forward to it. This is all thanks to my husband who is a little obsessed with TOOL and Danny Carey.

Okay so who will be tagged?
Carrie
Hannah
Elli
Fuzzy Noodle Knits
I am having a hard time at this. It is hard to find bloggers who have not already been tagged. I think I am going to stop here, If you read this and want to participate, let me know and I will add you to my list.

No comments: