Finished Paul's mock rib sock, and Paul really likes them. As a matter of fact, he hasn't taken them off all day. It is really nice to know that someone really appreciates what you have made them. They are toe-up construction with short row toes and heels. I did modify the toe-up construction slightly. I have found with toe-up socks they tend to get very tight around the inset area. So, in order to loosen this area up I increased 4 stitches before beginning the heel turn. This worked out great.
I have also finished one of my bamboo socks, again toe-up and increased before the heel turn. I did redo the cuff some. I didn't like the 1x1 rib, so I have changed it since this pic to 4 purl rows. This matches the garter stitch toe and heel.
Next on the needles, Pomatomus by Cookie A.. I am going to use Chapman Springs colorway by STR. The Chapman springs colorway reminds me of the colors found in the iridescent look of fish scales, which goes along with the pattern of the Pomatomus. Only problem, I want to cast-on now, but I am waiting for my sets of #1,2, and 3 circ needles from Knit Picks. I want to try 2 socks on 2 circs. The little tiny circ needles I have been using is great but if there are not enough stitches on the needles it is really hard to knit, and you know I just don't like the ladder effect that you get with DPNs.
Also, one of my babies Chloe nawling on a bone.