Monday, May 10, 2010

Did someone give me crack?

I can't believe that I'm going to attempt to knit a sweater on size 3 needles.  I must be insane or on crack.  The sweater that has captured my knitterly love?

pic taken from BMFA site

This is her.  The Traveling Sweater by A. Karen Alfke available from Blue Moon Fiber Arts.  The pattern uses Woobu yarn which is a 60/40 wool/bamboo blend yarn.  I'm however going to be using (I hope, if I get gauge) Ella Rae's Lace Merino which I was told is a sport weight.  I really hope I'm able to get gauge with it, I love the color.  Anyway, I think this will be a fabulous sweater even for Florida weather.  Although, if you know anything about our winter this year you know how damn cold it was.  So I'm thinking that this will be a fabulous Florida sweater thin from using the sport weight yarn yet warm from the wool content of the yarn.  



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can do eeet!!!