Sunday, April 1, 2007

No more yarn...Seriously!



Damn, what a weekend. I will not be going to a yarn store or online shopping for a long while. I am on yarn overload. Okay, so here is the run down. First up, from Knit Picks Shine Worsted in Crocus, to make the Crisp Rectangle Tunis Top from Fitted Knits. Next, Brown Cascade Heathers and Turquoise Cascade 220 from Knit n' Knibble. I am going to make the French Market Bag from Knitty. And finally, Noro Kureyon again from Knit n' Knibble which I am going to make some sort of entrelac felted bag of my own design. And as you can see, I used my wonderful ball winder to make the skeins very pretty.

Just a note about Knit n' Knibble, I am so excited I found this place. Granted I have to drive about 1 1/2 hrs to get there and through Tampa traffic no less, it was well worth it. I don't know if anybody else has had this experience, but the one other yarn store I have been too (there are few yarn stores in central Florida) was kinda snotty. I have heard this from others that some LYSs are snotty. Well, this was not the case with Knit n' Knibble. They were very friendly and very helpful. I walked in and was greeted and offered a shopping bag. I am not going to give a play by play, but great experience, if you are in the area...Go!

1 comment:

Faith said...

I really liked that top from Fitted Knits too- I'm interested to see how the yarn substitution works out.