Saturday, March 24, 2007

Jaywalker...No Ticket Yet!

Progress on Jaywalkers. The first Jaywalker is completed to the point wear I would be decreasing for the toe. I could not go any further because as you can see in the right top pic, I am knitting on 12' addi turbos. Yes, you read that right, they are tiny circular needles. Benefits of using a tiny circular on socks? No latering, and no switching from needle to needle. I really like them, but when you get to the point of decreasing for the toe you still have to use DPN which I ordered from Knit Picks (and I just got them). Some notes about the Jaywalker pattern. (for use of writer to keep track of projects)
1. used smaller size on suggested needle size.
2. modified top cuff to create picot edge.
3. socks are a little tight, next time will use larger size. Or maybe size 2 needles.
4. overall great pattern!

The bottom pic shows the progress of my Turtleneck tank tube, from Fitted Knits.

No comments: