Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Introduction Please


My name is Julie and I am from Florida. I have been knitting for about 3-4 years but seriously for about a year.
This is my recent FO. It is the Drop Stitch Lace Tank from "Fitted Knits" which can be found at Glampyre Knits by Stefanie Japel. I did change the pattern to be knitted in the round. It was a very fast and easy pattern. I love it lots! Currently on my needles is the Turtleneck Tube Vest from the same book. I have been viewing Stafanie's blog for some time and when I found this book in the bookstore I was so excited... "Its that girl from that blog I read".
Also on my needles, very small needles, is a pair of Jaywalker Socks from MagKnits. I am using Blue Moon Fiber Arts in Fire on the Mountain colorway. They are really turning out super.
Okay enough for tonight.

11 comments:

Shannon said...

I love it!! Was it easy to do in the round...easy to change the pattern I mean? I always get nervous when I stray from the 'recipe'. Did you also leave buttons off? It looks like how I want mine to look - with minor adhustments!

linuxgrl said...

Absolutely gorgeous, and very flattering! I want to make one now!

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

Fabulous job--I look forward to seeing your next project!

Robin said...

Gorgeous!!!

Julie Lynn Paper co. said...

Thank you very much for great complements. To adjust the pattern for working in the round, I determined my gauge (by doing the dreaded swatch), then adjusted for the number of stitches for each pattern repeat. The only difficulty I had was in determining were I would split for armeyes. And yes, I did omit the buttons, only because I ran out of yarn and could not do a proper neck band. Thanks again!

Susan said...

Glad to see you on the Fitted Knits KAL. Your current FO is beautiful. I know who I'll turn to if I have any major questions! lol

SD

CaveGurl said...

The tank looks just great! I really like it better without the buttons. What yarn did you use? I can't wait to see the next one!

Julie Lynn Paper co. said...

Unfortunately I did not keep the ball band for the yarn. It was from a sweater I completed over a year ago that I frogged just for this pattern. I felt that it would work better with this pattern than the previous one and I just loved the yarn/color and wanted to wear it more but the previous pattern just wasn't so good. I did not keep record of my objects back then, so the it's a mystery.

GailV said...

When I saw this pattern in the book I thought "eh, probably won't bother", but I love your version (no offense to the original model or original knitter meant). Now I really, really want to make one. I wonder if mine will look as good on me as yours does on you....

knitfriendly said...

That came out amazingly!! Great job! I have been eyeing that project since I received the book. It is so flattering on you. :)

WandaWoman said...

This is just gorgeous. I really love the tank and think I like it better without the buttons too. It really looks great. You did a wonderful job and it is so flattering. I think I will do it in the round too, that's the easiest to me.