Saturday, April 11, 2009

What are my goals, as they relate to 1,000 Petals?

I've been thinking about this question. I've run through all the scenarios. I've contemplated the pros and cons. I think I have formulated a clear idea of my goals.
It's nice to have an end goal in mind. I didn't when I started, but things in my personal life and business life have changed over the past 6 months to a year and now things are clearer. It's very nice actually. Kinda calming. There is goal so when things go a little out of focus on the way, the end is clear. I'm not sure I want to share it here. At this point I'm keeping it private. Probably due to the fear of failure. I have to start thinking more with the business/analitical portion of my brain instead of the artsy fartsy, but that is okay, I'll still have the dyeing part that will allow space for my creative spirit to thrive.
The hardest part is finding a starting point. I love to make list. What do I put on the list? For our big projects at my "real job" we make task list. We name the task, assign the responsibility, assign due dates, and add coments along the way. I need to do one of these, but what will I put on it? What are my task? What is my due date? Responsbility will be assigned to me, thats not hard to figure out. I think I'll make one on Excel, and see if I find inspiration to fill it in. Hey, thats kinda like a first step. Could I put creating a spreedsheet on the spreadsheet? At least then I could fill in a completion date, right?
UPDATE: Task List created. Started adding task. It's not as hard as I thought. Just started brainstorming.

2 comments:

Morandia said...

LOVE the roving. Hand painted or sprinkle dyed?

I'm working on getting a list together myself - with goals for the next year.

Julie Lynn Paper co. said...

Thanks! It was hand painted. I don't use the sprinkle very much with roving. Sometimes, but not often. It seems I can't get good dye penatration with sprinkling dye over roving.