Monday, November 24, 2008

metal clay

Old dog with new tricks. You know having the proper tools makes all the difference. I worked with metal clays years ago with a bit of success. Well, I wanted to try it out again. I bought some more clay. I also got some tools that I lacked before such as a Teflon board, molding compound, hand conditioner, and non-stick spray. What a difference! The clay not sticking to everything is the best thing ever. The first time I worked with this stuff I think half of it stayed on my fingers. I am also using the vacuum sealing bags with a damp paper towel to keep the clay moist, this seems to be working. I am so excited. I made 4 pendants and one ring only using about half of the 20grams of clay. I also bought the Hot Pot kiln which is a little kiln that uses gelled alcohol. I have heard mixed reviews of this, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I haven't decided if I'm going to sell any of these, or just make them for gifts. I'm thinking of a cute pendant for Paul's niece and something for our friends daughters. We'll see.


No comments: