Sunday, June 22, 2008

WIGP - washcloths

I have been bitten by the warshrag bug. I meant to make a couple of these and ended up with 5. It doesn't stop there. I went to the store and bought several more balls of cotton yarn and a 1lb cone of white cotton. I am thinking about trying to dye some cotton with rit dye.
I was showing Paul my washcloths and he made the comment that he would not be using one of these. I bought some black and white yarn and made him this Hidden Mickey washcloth. He actually likes it and now he is agreeable to using a hand knit washcloth. It is hard to see the Mickey patterning in this but it created using purl bumps.Here is the collection of washcloths.

Patterns used:

Garterlac Dishcloth (washcloth)

Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth (washcloth)

Mouse washcloth

Round washcloth

1 comment:

firedupfairy said...

hand knit washcloths are the best! they hold up a long time. i ran out to pick up the 4/$8 Sugar n' Cream at Joanns so i can finish BYOB and start some Bagstoppers.