Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wow, losts to update!

I wanted to show off what my Mom and Dad brought back for me from their trip to Alaska. This is Quviuk, lace yarn made from Muckox. Now what do you make with such a special fiber? Dilemma, I want to make something that I am going to use, but at the same time something that is special.
Progress on Woodland shawl. Using BMFA Thraven in medium weight. Cast on one extra pattern repeat and plan to make this pretty long using both skeins. I am really liking how this is turning out. This is such an eay lace pattern. After about the 2nd repeat you don't even have to use the pattern, it just makes sense. I was able to make a lot of progress on Wednesday, being in the car for about 10 hrs on a business trip.
First finished sock using magic loop. Umm, I like the technique but for me 2 circs is still my fav. Partly my fault that I was not so found of using this technique. I bought 47" circs and I think if I had bought 40" it would have been less of a pain. 7" makes a big difference when you are pulling those needles through. I used a pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks. Also used the short row heel and round toe. I really like the round shape for toes. It is the one pattern that works for my toe shape, my second toe is longer than the "big toe".
WWKIP day (World Wide Knit in Public day) is coming up soon. Go find a city around you and go. You will have lots of fun!

3 comments:

Brianna said...

Looks fantastic!

Have you had a chance to see what I made from the yarn you sent me?

Brianna
http://www.thecrochetside.com

Yarnsnob said...

Nice Qiviut. What ship were they on, I also just got back from a cruise to Alaska, I was part of the Sea Socks group.

Julie Lynn Paper co. said...

They were on Holand America. They were actually showing us pics tonight. They also went to Seatle, well this is where it sailed from and then they spent an extra 4 days there. I want to go to Seatle so bad! Hope you had a great time on your trip.