Saturday, September 15, 2007

new projects

I have been wanting to make an Afghan. I started a ripple Afghan, but didn't really like it. So I found this flickr group called Hexagon Love with Afghans made from these hexagon shapes. I am unable to buy the Japanese pattern/book at this time, so after many tries I was able to figure out what I think is pretty close to the actual pattern. Using reds, pinks, and a turquoise color of Caron Simply Soft. This is an acrylic yarn, but it is very soft and washable, which in an Afghan is a good thing.
Carolina, Last Queen of Naples sock from Socktopia. Using STR in Pebble Beach. Oh, and I am soooo upset, BMFA discontinued Chapman Springs colorway. I loved that color. Once I found out that they were discontinuing the color I went to the site to buy 2 skeins and they had already taken it off.

I loved the color combo from the first chevron, using STR Watermelon Tourmaline and Fire on the Mountain. I decided to make this chevron version, pattern from Javajem-knits.


No comments: